Wix vs work of designer
Wix is one of the most famous website builders due to its versatility, intuitive design and optimization for mobile devices.
But as soon as we face the task of creating a website, we need to make a choice in favor of one of the proposed options, whether it is worth starting to work on a website building platform or hire a designer.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of Wix today to determine if the game is worth an effort.
The visual appeal of Wix makes interaction with the platform as enjoyable as possible. But this is not all the advantages of the service. You should also consider:
- Templates adaptability
- The user-friendly visual editor interface
- Application Store with two hundred widgets
- Ability to add HTML code to pages
- A single control panel for the online store, which includes tracking orders and receiving payments
- Detailed site statistics: the number of page views, traffic sources, search results position, etc.
- lots of templates, divided into categories and sites types
- high prices and incomprehensible division of premium plans
- overloaded interface, it will take more than one day to master in using the service
- Uninformative “Support” section
- orientation on the creation of landing pages, rather than on multifunctional sites
The platform is awesome, but it is more suitable for creating landing pages after all. We would not recommend creating E-commerce sites using the platform and without an understanding of UX basics, it’s better to seek help from professionals.
But what do you think? Share your experience with the platform. Or, if you have a custom solution, tell us what challenges you have faced.